Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day
On Saturday, October 3rd, the Michigan Mountain Bike Association (MMBA) Northeast Chapter will host young riders, ages 6 to 16, for a youth mountain biking event. The ride is part of a nationwide celebration known as Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day, supported by the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA). Link to TKMBD2009_Flyer
- Saturday, October 3rd at Midland City Forest, 2840 E. Monroe Rd. (1/4 mile west of Eastman Ave.)
- Start time is 9:30 am – Noon (10 am ride departure).
- Be sure to bring a helmet and properly adjusted bike. Wear clothing that is appropriate for the weather conditions and can get dirty. Some vendors may be present with bikes, helmets and other gear for purchase. Volunteer mechanics will be on hand for simple bike tuning and tire inflation.
- Parents are welcome to ride too.
- Waiver forms are required and will be handed out prior to ride departure. Link to MMBA_Waiver.
- Please register (if possible) by Friday October 2nd (first 50 kids receive an IMBA number plate and prize kit). Registration is free. Contact Thad Hallberg <firstname.lastname@example.org> or call (989) 430-6265.
- The Chalet will be open during the event. We will provide some snacks and hot chocolate.
Bikes with training wheels and/or skinny tires are not recommended for trail use. Please consider donating a used bike to the Recycle-A-Bicycle organization. We hope to have some bikes available to those who are without.
IMBA’s International Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day celebrates the life of Jack Doub, an avid teenage mountain biker from North Carolina who had a true passion for the sport from an early age to the time when he passed away in 2002. Event funding is provided by the Jack Doub Memorial Endowment. Additional support comes from CLIF Kids, the National Park Service and Smartwool.