Show your support of the ‘Walk Bike Midland‘ plan that is up for vote by Midland’s City Council on Jan. 25th. Email your council members and encourage their support. If you can, please attend the council meeting 7pm @ city council chambers.
City Council Members include:
Tom Adams (ward 1): firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Gaynor (ward 3): email@example.com
Maureen Donker (ward 2): firstname.lastname@example.org
Bruce Johnson (ward 4): email@example.com
Marty Wazbinski (ward 5): firstname.lastname@example.org
More details can be found here…
Thanks to Curt Peterson and many others for their efforts! Curt cites many benefits that the proposed plan will bring:
- Lower crime rates.
- Healthier citizens and workforce.
- Bicycle Friendly Communities always on short lists of best places to
live. (6 in US News’ latest Top 10)
- Higher property values - Housing adjacent to bicycling facilities sell faster and for 9% more (Brown County, WI)
- Consumer’s Survey on Smart Choices for Home Buyers finding that trails
ranked the second most important amenity out of a list of 18 choices
- Safety improvements: e.g. 8X increase in bicycle use = no increase in
bicycle accidents (Portland, OR)
- Bicycling tourism, events, and retail = $1 B in Colorado (CO DOT)
- Lower cost transportation for citizens